Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Almost French!

Dear G,
It's been awhile.
Ok bye.

©

A few months in France and you wouldn’t recognize me! The vodka and pineapple juice has moved to the top shelf (for special occasions) and replaced with red wine. It is cheaper.

The cheese stinks but I can't stop eating it.

And it’s impossible to walk past a tarte aux fraise without swallowing it.

(pic from we heart it)

Sticky strawberries and slippery custard placed on top of a stiff crust that my fork isn’t strong enough to break. I am left with no choice but shovel it in my mouth. It doesn’t matter that the glaze drips all over my hand. Simply divine!

(Pic from we heart it)

My sister says I will get fat. But I’m almost French and French women don’t get fat!

First the bakeries, then the cheese and wine followed by three-hour lunch breaks (I wish) and before I know it (forgetting that I can’t actually speak French) I will be French!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to go to France this year! It's such a beautiful country and the language is lovely. Good luck learning it! I'm sure you'll be fluent in no time! (if you need any tips, check out my blog!) :)

    ReplyDelete