Saturday, September 25, 2010

Venice Venice Land.

(Pic from we heart it)

Dear G-or-gina and Poophie,

Q: What is grey, dirty, flies, and makes me scream in terror?

A: A pigeon blipping me in the face.

(pic from we heart it)

I wasn’t paying attention and Boom! Now I am paranoid my face might have caught something.

Pigeons rule the city of Venice and for some sick reason tourists love having their picture taken with them draped over their body.

(pic from we heart it)

They are rats.

You wouldn’t have your picture taken with street rats crawling all over you! Would you?

Arriving in Venice, no map. Lachie was relying on me because I have been to Venice. It was three years ago and I had a guide. I have no idea. I figured it all leads to same square. So I picked narrow streets and bridges at random and hoped for the best.

Venice is bigger than I remember. With 177 islands, 150 canals and 400 bridges it’s no wonder we got lost.

Gondelas, canals, old buildings, alley ways. Venice is pretty. At the same time I wouldn’t spend more than a day there. You might get bored.

Street art doesn't lie.

I spent the day dragging Lachie to every single Mask shop I could find.

(pic from we heart it)

My favourite shop was called Veniceland! It was spectacular. Like going to the Lost Forest as a kid to have a puggle party for your birthday. For those that don’t recall puggle parties perhaps like going to the Mcdonalds train then. It was a land of its own. So much glitter and sparkle. I think the masks had real diamonds on them. That’s the only logical explanation I could come up with for the price.

It was a true peter pan moment.

I didn’t buy a mask. I decided they were too expensive.

I ate all day. Licorice was good.

So were the biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment